Dr.Sawhney
Dr.Sawhney, Orthopedic Surgeon
Experience:  More than a decade of post qualification experience
4931939

Who do you recommend to do a knee replacement surgery in the

Customer Question

Who do you recommend to do a knee replacement surgery in the Dubuque, Ia. location
Category: Orthopedics
Expert:  Dr.Sawhney replied 2 years ago.
Hello
I am Dr.Sawhney an orthopedic surgeon and I would be happy to help you today.
We can not recommend a particular surgeon according to the rules of this site.
But I can guide you in the matter by telling you what things to look for and ask your surgeon.
First and foremost you need to know how many knee replacement surgery is your surgeon is doing. Any surgeon doing 100 or more knee replacements in a year is supposed to have decreased error and complication rates.
You may ask your surgeon directly regarding the number of knee replacement surgery he is doing. Another important point to be looked into is the rate of construction in a particular facility . You should try to get operated in a facility where the rate of infection is low . Ask the management or the surgeon to tell you about the rate of infection in the particular facility you are visiting.
Also look if you are Surgeon is publishing any scientific papers . You can search the "PubMed" website too look for scientific publications in your surgeon's name.
Do ask around in your community as well regarding the behavior and clinical skills of surgeons available in the area.
Following the above will help you make the right choice.
Feel free to ask any follow-up questions.