Orthopedics

Orthopedics Questions? Ask an Orthopedist for Answers ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

ULTRASOUND RESULTS COMMENTS; UNUSUAL MASS THICKENING THE…

Customer Question
ULTRASOUND RESULTS COMMENTS; UNUSUAL...

ULTRASOUND RESULTS COMMENTS; UNUSUAL MASS THICKENING THE PLANTAR FASCIA AT THE MIDFOOT IS PROBABLY JUST A LARGE PLANTAR FIBROMA BUT GIVEN ITS SIZE AN ORTHOPAIDIC OPINION IS SUGGESTED FOR FURTHER ASSESSMENT. I HAVE A REFERRAL FROM MY GP TO AN ORTHOPEDICS SURGEON. MY GP HAS MENTIONED POSSIBLE BIOPSY DUE TO HISTORY OF NON-INVASIVE MELONOMAS. MEASUREMENTS MASS 33 X 6 X 12 mm. I AM INTERESTED TO KNOW WHAT YOUR TREATMENT PLAN WOULD BE. THE LUMP IS VERY PAINFUL AND IT IS DIFFICULT TO WEAR A SHOE. .

Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Orthopedics
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/29/2015
Orthopedist: DocPhilMD, Board Certified Physician replied 3 years ago
DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Board Certified Physician
what are your symptoms?

my symptons are: pain and discomfort. The lump is visible through the skin. I can feel the lump when I walk. The pain radiates down and accross my foot. The pain and soreness is constant and has got worse over the last 2 weeks.

CAN I PLEASE GET A WRITTEN GENERAL OPINION. THE PHONE CHARGES FROM AUSTRALIA ARE TOO EXPENSIVE FOR ME. THANKYOU

I highly doubt this is cancer or anything like that.

I agree with seeing ortho and I would get an MRI to better characterize it.

If MRI isn't conclusive then biopsy

I noticed that our chat is not complete.
My main goal is your 100% satisfaction and for you to consider this service excellent. If you are not 100% satisfied, just click reply and I will happily provide more information.