Oncology

Oncology questions? Ask an oncologist for answers ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

I’m 29 y/o male and for the past 8 months ive been getting…

Customer Question
Hi I’m 29 y/o male...
Hi I’m 29 y/o male and for the past 8 months ive been getting this strange pain/pressure in my right hand side when I lay on it it’s more of an uncomfortable feeling rather than pain. I have had numerous tests in the last 8 months including a ct scan on right kidney, abdominal ultrasound, blood tests including FBC, renal function, liver function, an endoscopy and colonoscopy and all have come back as “normal” and I am no closer to finding out what it is that is causing me this uncomfortably pain/pressure. Otherwise I am feeling well but I really am at a total loss of where to go or what to do nextCould you please advise me on what i could do and any ideas you may have as to what could be the possible cause of my problem.Thankyou
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Oncology
3/28/2018
Oncologist: PM&R Doc, Board Certified MD replied 3 months ago
PM&R Doc
PM&R Doc, Board Certified MD

Hello. I am a board certified medical doctor that specializes in musculoskeletal and neurologic issues. Hopefully I can help you with this issue today. Before I try to give you an answer I would like to ask a few questions. First, which hand is bothering you? Do you have any discomfort in the neck or arm or just in the hand? Is there any numbness or pins and needles sensation? Does it go away when you change position?

One last question. Have you had any nerve testing? It would be called EMG and nerve conduction studies.

Sorry no I think there’s been a slight miss understanding I meant my right hand side as in the right hand side of my abdomen ( my side ) that’s my bad I didn’t word it properly

I apologize for the misunderstanding. I think you probably need a GI specialist. I'll leave the question open for others to answer.