Oncology

Oncology questions? Ask an oncologist for answers ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

As to my question, I have found out that the pathology

As a follow up to...
As a follow up to my question, I have found out that the pathology diagnosis was stromal fibrosis. Of course the radiologist wants a stereotactic biopsy, which I will have this coming Thursday. The tumor is less than 1 cm. Your thoughts.
Being a bi rads 5 i'm still very concerned.
3/25/2018
Dr. David, Doctor (MD)

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

stromal fibroisis is scar tissue and is not cancer

was this found on the biopsy?

the radiologist report was a bi rads 5 and he was certain it was cancer and told me so. (Geez). Pathology comes back stromal fibrosis, no hedging about it The radiologist wants to do a stereotactic biopsy this week to be sure. I'm good with that. The nurse told me the area was less than 1 cm. I'm optimistic, are you?
Just trying not to panic. This has been going on for over a month with first another mammo and ultrasound and then core biopsy and then panic!!!

yes, I am optimistic.

get another biopsy and see

it could still be fibrosis or scar tissue

Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Good to know. I am too. From all I've read this could be a false negative but then again not. What an ordeal. Thanks for your help. Good service

you are welcome