Oncology

Oncology questions? Ask an oncologist for answers ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

I am a male 38 year old. I have asked you questions before…

Customer Question
Hello I am a male...
Hello I am a male 38 year old. I have asked you questions before regarding the 4 swollen lymph nodes in my neck. They are still there. 1.2cm 1cm and two pea sized. in submandibular (under chin area) we chalked it up to the sinus opacification I had and the subsequent surgery. I had an FNA on the largest and it came back as reactive or Lymph fluid.
I was in the shower yesterday and noticed a small BB sized or pebble sized lump near my right pectorial muscle. Feels a tiny bit tender smooth and round. Feels semi attached to surrounding tissue.1. Could it be related to the other lymph nodes
2. is it a cyst?
3. could it be cancer
4. should I have it checked?
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Oncology
3/20/2018
Oncologist: Dr. David, Doctor (MD) replied 4 months ago
Dr. David, Doctor (MD)

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

sounds like you are feeling small skin cysts or benign lymph nodes in the area.

it would not be cancer.

you can have it checked out

but I bet they will also be benign as well

it is deeper than on skin feels like it is under the fatty layer and skin like a small oval shaped BB. Semi tender to touch. has me very worried. what is a cyst? and how long do they last?Do the other 4 nodes under my neckline relate in any way possible? Should I get an ultrasound on this?

you don't need to be worried.

you are most likely feeling small benign lymph nodes or fat lobules there.

it is normal for us to have lymph nodes in these areas

lymph nodes are normal and part of our bodies immune system and are there to help filter lymphatic fluid and help to fight infections and keep us healthy.

Hello so I went to doctor and they suggested a core needle biopsy. I had it yesterday and am awaiting the results.Along with the nodes I have under my chin which are smooth movable and about 1cm I can also feel 4-6 small bb sized oblong lymph nodes on along both sides of my neck. I would say they are smaller than a pea semi firm and movable.My question is:Is it normal to be able to feel or palpitate lymph nodes along the neck even when there is no infection. IE is a normal lymph node able to be felt?
Oncologist: Dr. David, Doctor (MD) replied 3 months ago

yes, it is normal to be able to feel normal lymph nodes in the neck.

you dont think it could be a lymphoma? All these bumps popping up has made me a nervous wreck.

no, you don't have lymphoma.

the biopsy will say that as well.