Oncology

Oncology questions? Ask an oncologist for answers ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Dr please

Dr David please...
Dr David please
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/19/2018
Dr. David, Doctor (MD)

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

what is your question?

Hi Dr D, it’s me,Here’s my questionWhy would a person get shakey after they eat ? I’ve heard off people getting shakey before they eat from hypoglycemia, but why after? Asking for a friend . Not diabetic .Shakeyness goes away in a little while .
Doesn’t happen all the time , just occasionally

if they don't drink enough water or fluids, blood pressure can drop after eating

blood rushes to the stomach and GI system to help with digestion after eating which can leave less blood to the brain which can cause some shakiness

drinking more water and fluids can help this situation.

Oh that’s interesting., I didn’t know this .Is there a medical term for this ?

Postprandial somnolence or sleepiness after meals can be caused by it

Ok I’ll look that upCan I ask you another question that’s totally unrelated?

ok

Thank youMy husband works with this guy whose daughter was just diagnosed with ovarian cancer . Can she survive it ? That’s a bad one , right ? She just turned 24 and has a 1 year old baby .
But idk any details

she is young

it depends on how early the ovarian cancer is found

stage I or II ovarian cancer can be cured by surgery by removing the ovaries

usually ovarian cancer is diagnosed later like stage III or IV and can be controlled with chemotherapy and surgery for years, but is much more difficult to cure at those stages.

Let me know if you have other questions.
If done for now, please leave Positive Rating of 5 Stars so I can get credit for helping you today.
We only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback. (You may have to scroll up see the ratings area)
You can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions.
Here is my website if you need to reach me:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Ok , thank yiu

you are welcome

do you see the ratings area?

Dr. David, Doctor (MD)