Oncology

Oncology questions? Ask an oncologist for answers ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

I had surgery last year which led to an abscess/sepsis in my…

Customer Question
Hi. I had surgery last...
Hi. I had surgery last year which led to an abscess/sepsis in my abdomen. I was very sick and the abscess recurred. All is well now, however my question is about the amount of testing I underwent in the hospital and then as an outpatient. I had 4 separate multiphase(oral and IV contrast) abdominal/pelvic CT scans within 4 months. I was doing some reading and this is a huge amount of radiation. Am I in danger now of developing cancer or something of the sorts? I’ve had other imaging studies as well throughout my life including a coronary CTA and a brain CTA, etc... so this was not my first exposure. I’m 42 years old.
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Oncology
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/8/2018
Oncologist: DocPhilMD, Medical Doctor replied 4 months ago
DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Medical Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

Do you still need help?

sorry about the late reply

No

are you sure?