Oncology

Oncology questions? Ask an oncologist for answers ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

I have a recurring preauricular swelling and pain in two of…

I have a recurring...

I have a recurring preauricular swelling and pain in two of the lymph nodes. One on the jaw joint and the other sited at the ear I can feel swollen inside the ear.

Doctor's Assistant: Any recent injuries? How long have you been dealing with the swelling?

I have a clicky jaw joint there for many years but a few months back I had a severe cold and ear infection that required atibiotic drops in the ear.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Keratosis in many parts of my neck, face ,hands and forearms. Also suffer from Hashimotos.

3/8/2018
Dr. Su S
Dr. Su S, Doctor (MD)

Greetings,
Thank you for your question.
I am Dr. Su S
I will try my best to help you.
I will answer in a moment/request for further information.

How large is the swelling?

Since when are you having it?

Did you consult doctor or have any test?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Theswelling is not large but both nodes are very painful and affect my ability to bite down.

Thank you for the input.
I am very sorry for your symptoms.
There can be a few causes.
There can be a swelling of parotid gland in preauricular region.
A stone in the duct, an infection can cause the swelling.
Lymph node can cause swelling in both the areas.
Infection is the likely cause for swelling of both the glands.
If the symptom continues, I would advise to take an examination by doctor.
You can take Motrin or advil for pain.
Warm application can help.
Doctor can take blood work, ultrasound to know the precise cause.
I hope this information will be helpful.
If you have any query, please feel free to ask.
Your satisfaction is my goal.
If you are happy with my answer please click on 5 star rating so that I can get the credit for helping you.
Wish you healthy life.
Regards.

Dr. Su S
Dr. Su S, Doctor (MD)
Dr. Su S
Dr. Su S
Dr. Su S, Doctor (MD)