Oncology

Oncology questions? Ask an oncologist for answers ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

I really hope someone can advise. Please. My mother has IBC…

Hi. I really hope...

Hi. I really hope someone can advise. Please. My mother has IBC and is stage 4. We have contacted two Onocologists and one would like to do Chemo and the other Hormone treatment. Please advise if having a large tumor would hormone treatment work as well??

Doctor's Assistant: Are you keeping a personal medical record while dealing with this?

Yes. Absolutely.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

She did have historectomy many years back. About 7yrs ago.

3/7/2018
DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Medical Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

How can I help?

I'm very sorry about this diagnosis

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hi Doctor,Thank you. Really need some guidance.My mother has IBC and is stage 3 or 4. I say that as one has said 3 and other 4. We have contacted two Onocologists and one would like to do Chemo and the other Hormone treatment. Please advise if having a large tumor would hormone treatment work as well?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Also is it a good idea to increase her WBC by using fruits and such? I have heard the inflammatory nature is due to WBC.

Well, it depends on the cancer

if it is responsive to hormone therapy then they would be helpful

You need to have the tests done

As for the fruit, yes that would help

tumeric is anti inflammatory and helps as well

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Would by increasing the amount of WBC cause problems as it's IBC? The inflammatory nature I have read due WBC been trapped there or something. She is ER positive and HER negative.

Ok she can be treated with estrogen therapy then

No the WBC should be fine

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question).

We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
She has advised Taxol for a course of six sessions each with a 3wk break. Arimedx as the Hormone pill.

that sounds accurate

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
When we met the Chemo Onocologist yesterday to advise that we have decided to take possible step Hormone he advised against as the size of the tumor. When taking hormone treatment would it still effective to shrink the tumor to a operating size?

Yes, it can be

depending on the size of the tumor

but yet

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
He did worry me allot by saying due to size that it might work or it might work. I don't want any more spreading to occur. Apologies on so many questions.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Btw how long would you say before any notice difference is seen with the hormone treatment.?

usually about 4-6 weeks

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
If no difference. Ok to the do Chemo?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I hope there is very notice difference.

yes, it is ok

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
One more question for my own peace of mind. It ok for sure to have items that would the WBC in the body with Inflammatory breast cancer? My worry would I be increasing the inflammatory nature by adding WBC? Please Please advise for reassurance sake. Thank you.

yes, that is fine

the WBC count isn't important

it is how they act

fruits will actually reduce inflammation

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok. Great. This is actually the leaf of a fruit plus fruit eaten after. I mean the Papaya.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Leaf extract which increases the WBC and Red platelet count.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Before I go. Just to confirm, it is worth giving the Hormone option chance even if the tumor is 5cm plus and mestastic?

Follow the oncologist advice my friend

DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Medical Doctor
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok. Thank you.

welcome :)

DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Medical Doctor