Oncology

Oncology questions? Ask an oncologist for answers ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

I’ve done a recent KUB ultrasound due to some epigastric…

Dear Dr. David, I’ve done a...
Dear Dr. David,
I’ve done a recent KUB ultrasound due to some epigastric pain because of my gallbladder stones.
In the report(attached), it says that there’s a mucosal thickening in the bladder.
On the other hand, in a urinalysis done today, mucus strands are showing in the urine.
Kindly advise if this is something that I should be concerned about, and if any further tests are required.
Kindly advise as well, whether there’s an infection as per the urinalysis results.
Thank you
3/7/2018
Dr. David, Doctor (MD)

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

thanks for asking for me

no, you don't have to worry

you should work on drinking more water.

when your bladder is not distended during the scan, it can look like the wall is thickened.

On the time of the ultrasound, I drank so much water, it was so hard to wait for the ultrasound to be done.
What about the presence of mucus strands in the urinalysis.
Do I have a UTI as per the urinalysis?
Last year I had about four or five recurrent UTIs.

no, you don't have a urinary tract infection.

bladder irritation from drinking so much water and distending your bladder can cause some mucus in your urine

What about the presence of mucus strands in the urinalysis?

Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Thank you

you are welcome.