Oncology

Oncology Questions? Ask an Oncologist for Answers ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Oncology

A few months ago I had bright red blood when I wiped. A

Customer Question
month ago I had bloody...
A few months ago I had bright red blood when I wiped. A month ago I had bloody mucus on the stool when straining to pass a hard stool. I have not had blood since then but a small amount of white mucus on my stools almost every time I go. I am concerned about colorectal cancer though it is rare at my age. My bowel habits haven't changed significantly, no narrow stool or pain/fatigue. The doctor could not find external hemmroids. Is cancer a valid concern?
Submitted: 14 days ago.Category: Oncology
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/6/2018
Oncologist: DocPhilMD, Medical Doctor replied 14 days ago
DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Medical Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

Do you take any meds?

Customer reply replied 14 days ago
No

have you had IBS?

Customer reply replied 14 days ago
No, have not been diagnosed with any GI issues

I think you probably have IBS

do you have anxiety?

Customer reply replied 14 days ago
especially with this going on

They go hand in hand

I would get a colonoscopy to be sure it is nothing else like inflammatory bowel disease

Customer reply replied 14 days ago
I don't think I have any other symptoms of IBS

You could check a CEA level.

that is a marker of colon cancer

if normal then you are ok

there are varying degrees of IBS

just mucous in the stool is seen in some people

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave a 5 star rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-irondoc/

Dr. David, Doctor (MD)