Oncology

Oncology questions? Ask an oncologist for answers ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

I have this lump in my right breast, it is towards the edge…

I have this lump in...
I have this lump in my right breast, it is towards the edge of my breast, I have had it for a couple months, it has gotten bigger but not huge. It’s very mobile, feels smooth, and is firm but I can kind of push Into it. What would this be? Could it be cancer? I also just had a baby 2 weeks ago.
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/18/2018
tazechip
tazechip, Other

Hello. I'm Dr Chip
Thanks for your question and I'm reviewing it.
I'll be back in a moment with and answer or a request for more information

It sounds like a benign breast cyst from what you tell me

Not cancer and nothing serious but you need to have a doctor evaluate this with an exam and an ultrasound

Please let me know if you need any more information

Are cysts firm?

Yes and the fact that it has enlarged in such a short period of time is very typical of a cyst

Please click on the 5 star excellent rating icon so I can get credit for my time with you

I probably noticed it 3/4 months ago. So I shouldn’t be concerned about cancer?

No, I'm sure it isn't cancer

I have had my obgyn feel it like 6/8 weeks ago and she said she wasn’t worried but what’s it

Sorry--was that a question?

Do you think I should get another opinion or just leave it?

It's fine just to leave it since it isn't cancer and doesn't need treatment

I'm just saying that if I were your doctor I would get the ultrasound

If you weren’t worried why would you get an ultrasound?

Just to document it--standard procedure for me

Oh okay! Well thanks for answering my questions!

My pleasure and call on me anytime

Just one more question, what are signs of a suspicious lump?

Hard, not movable and not enlarging as quickly as yours did

This lump feels hard around the outside but softer in the middle, is that normal?

For a cyst, yes

tazechip
tazechip, Other