Oncology

Oncology questions? Ask an oncologist for answers ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

I was dx'd in 2007 with Waldenstrom's and no outward

Customer Question
I was dx'd in...

I was dx'd in 2007 with Waldenstrom's and no outward symptoms. I GM was 3,500. Treated with Rituxan/cladrabine and I GM came down over a period of time. I see Oncologist every quarter to review bloodwork.Recent bloodwork results indicated treatment once again required. Onc had me start Imbruvica three pills daily at same time each day. After 10 days I was one sick guy with all the negative symptoms listed as being possible.

Doctor's Assistant: Are you keeping a personal medical record while dealing with this?

I was told to discontinue the Imbruvica and don't see my ONC until the 17th of January. I don't feel too bad now that I stopped the Imbruvica but am wondering what the next step will be. Rituxan perhaps? I kept pretty good records after first diagnosed in 2007. Pretty spotty records since 2010. I always kept lab reports to watch my IGM in particular.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I would think an expensive drug like Imbruvica would make one feel better and not the worse feeling ever. What's with that drug?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Oncology
I was dx'd in 2015 with another Auto Immune disease Rheumatoid Arthritis and take Plaquenill daily. As a self diagnosis on my part I think I have PolyNeurophy. I seem to have all the symptoms that I read about, particularly in the legs and feet.
1/1/2018
Oncologist: Dr. David, Doctor (MD) replied 7 months ago
Dr. David, Doctor (MD)

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

sorry about your side effects from Imbruvica

your doctor may go with a lower dose of Imbruvica to see if it gives you less side effects

or you may go back to Rituxan and something else like

chlorambucil (Leukeran), cyclophosphamide (Neosar), and fludarabine (Fludara) or Bendamustine (Treanda)