Oncology

Oncology questions? Ask an oncologist for answers ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

I have a tiny pea sized lymph node in my groin, moveable- i…

Customer Question
I have a tiny...

I have a tiny pea sized lymph node in my groin, moveable- i "found" it because i always check my body- could it be a normal node that i irritated? i ready somewhere that some people can find and feel "normal" nodes

Doctor's Assistant: Have you experienced any bleeding? Pain? Unintentional weight loss?

No weight loss on purpose i lost 10 pounds because i put myself on a diet the last 2 months

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

One time i was feeling nodes in my neck and my doctor told me they're not swollen that i can just feel them because I'm looking for them

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this issue? Are you experiencing any numbness or tingling?

2 days- and i can't help but keep touchingg it- i also would like to note that you cannot see it- i can only feel it- reason why i can feel it is because i always do body checks on myself could i have irritated a normal node?

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Oncology
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/27/2017
Oncologist: tazechip, Other replied 3 months ago
tazechip
tazechip, Other

Hello. I'm Dr Chip
Thanks for your question and I'm reviewing it.
I'll be back in a moment with and answer or a request for more information

Is it tender at all?

no it is not tender (does not hurt)
its smaller than a pea and i feel like i "found" it because I'm constantly doing body checks on myself- once i thought i had a bunch of swollen nodes in my neck and my doctor told me they were not swollen that i just found them because i am skinny and i go searching-
so I'm hoping its same situation here- i feel like i 'found" it then got obsessed with touching it- its rubbery and moveable and you cannot see it at all, you can only feel it

OK

First off it could be a cyst rather than a lymph node and nothing worrisome at all

But it is possible for anyone to feel lymph nodes in their groin and if this is a node it's so very small it can't possibly indicate a medical problem like lymphoma

Please let me know if you need any more information

when will i know if theres a cyst or node to worry about?

Well a cyst is never anything to worry about

A node that gets larger than about 2 cm--about an inch--would be a concern

should i leave it alone and hope it goes away? or does it not even matter? just want to put my mind to rest because its affecting my life, i am a very worrisome person, thats why i am always touching around my body in the first place

Just leave it alone--it's really nothing for you to worry about

tazechip
tazechip
tazechip, Other