Oncology

Oncology questions? Ask an oncologist for answers ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

I've noticed a more prominent vein in my left breast, it…

Customer Question
Hi, I've noticed a more...
Hi, I've noticed a more prominent vein in my left breast, it goes down to the aerola. I've read that this can be a sign of breast cancer so I'm really worried! I can send an image? It's quite raised, should I be concerned?
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Oncology
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/27/2017
Oncologist: Dr. Ravoof, Doctor replied 7 months ago
Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor

Dear customer,

Thank you for the question. Breast cancer will cause a lump in the breast, along with dimpling of the skin, inverted nipple, or abnormal discharge from the nipple. In absence of these symptoms, you should not worry about breast cancer. The appearance of visible veins is not concerning for breast cancer. Just the presence of visible veins does not make them suspicious for cancer. The visible vein will resolve by itself in a few days. You can help it resolve by wearing a supportive and sturdy bra which will reduce the veins. Take care. Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.Please rate the answer with 5-stars, by clicking the 5-stars above with your mouse (or with your finger on a mobile device).It will be very generous of you to also consider a bonus.Thank you!

Dear customer,
Were you able to read my answer?
Did I answer your question? Please reply.
Thank you!

Dear customer,
Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.
Please rate the answer with 5-stars, by clicking the 5-stars above with your mouse (or with your finger on a mobile device).
It will be very generous of you to also consider a bonus.
Thank you!

Hi, I'm sorry I haven't replied, I've had a family crisis and this has been put aside until now. I did have one further question, I've also had on and off sharp sting in my breasts which comes and goes (it's not every day, just occasionally) could this be related to breast feeding or something more sinister?

Dear customer,

Thank you for replying.

This can be related to the breastfeeding. This is unlikely to be due to anything sinister or due to an underlying condition. A serious condition will not cause such a symptom without an obvious palpable swelling that continues to enlarge. You should relax and not worry regarding this.

Take care.

Thank you!

Oncologist: Dr. Ravoof, Doctor replied 13 days ago

Dear customer,
Were you able to read my answer?
Thank you!