Oncology

Oncology Questions? Ask an Oncologist for Answers ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Oncology

I have been treated for a breast infection abscess for 5…

Customer Question
I have been treated...

I have been treated for a breast infection abscess for 5 months. I have been on 6 rounds of antibiotics. Yesterday I felt irritation in the effected breast. Now 1/4 th of that breast is starting to become red. I have had a procedure to remove the abscess. I will have a mammogram in January. My mother died of inflammatory breast cancer. I am at the age that my mother’s cancer was diagnosed. I am becoming very concerned. I am a post menaposable women.

Doctor's Assistant: Are you keeping a personal medical record while dealing with this?

Yes. I have been keeping a photo recorded

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I do not fit any of the reast factors of continental for breast infection

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Oncology
12/23/2017
Oncologist: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD) replied 2 months ago
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

Was culture of the pus done?

Was a biopsy of the breast tissue / abscess done?

Nothing significant came back. I have not had a biopsy done that I know of.
This site seems to be asking for more money with each stage.

Thanks for the additional information. I am writing the answer for you and will get back to you in 4-5 minutes. If you get a phone call request, you may ignore it as that is an automated site trigger. Thank you.

Apologies for any intrusion of those automatic offers for phone calls. These are produced by the website automatically and outside of my control.

Culture of the pus tells you about the best antibiotic to eradicate the infection. Also biopsy can tell you about the infections like mycobacterium which does not respond to antibiotics. This will also rule out cancer (though your symptom do not suggest it).

Inflammatory carcinoma has far different presentation and in 5 months would have grown enormously.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.Thanks for using Just Answer.
Hopefully this pictures will give you a little his

I saw the pictures.

This is unlikely to be cancer / inflammatory breast cancer.

There are likely to be pus pockets which may not have adequately drained. That can be responsible for the recurrence of the infection.

It is privilege assisting you.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

You can continue to ask questions after positive feedback.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Merry Christmas.

Happy Holidays.

Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)