Oncology

Oncology questions? Ask an oncologist for answers ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

How do recognise an early melanoma? No I have not but i have…

Customer Question
How do recognise an...

How do recognise an early melanoma?

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

No I have not but i have a dermatologist that i see very 5 months

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

He has treated me for perhaps 20 years so he knows me well

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Oncology
12/20/2017
Oncologist: Dr. Ravoof, Doctor replied 8 months ago
Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor

Dear customer,

Thank you for replying.

You should regularly monitor the lesion and look for early changes such as an irregular border, a change in color, and an increase in size. These changes will help you recognize an early melanoma. Your regular visits to the dermatologist will help your doctor monitor your skin and if there is any suspicion of melanoma then a skin biopsy can be done for an early diagnosis of this condition. Your dermatologist will certainly detect an early change and therefore with regular visits, you should not worry regarding missing an early melanoma.

Take care.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.
Please rate the answer with 5-stars, by clicking the 5-stars above with your mouse (or with your finger on a mobile device).
It will be very generous of you to also consider a bonus.
Thank you!

Oncologist: Dr. Ravoof, Doctor replied 7 months ago

Dear customer,
Were you able to read my answer?
Did I answer your question? Please reply.
Thank you!

Dear customer,

Thank you!