Oncology

Oncology Questions? Ask an Oncologist for Answers ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Oncology

My sister had a lymph node under her underarm and then she…

Customer Question
Hello there my sister had...
Hello there my sister had a lymph node under her underarm and then she went to the doctors about it and they did a mammogram and that come back clear. And then gave her antibiotics for the Lymph node lump. Then her lump went down and and the 2 weeks later she went to the doctors and they sent her for a Ct scan and found that she had a mass near her spine. And then she was sent into hospital and she had a lot of fluid buildup in her stomach and She had a mass in her pelvis and a abit in her backbone and can this mean that the cancer has spread and could it now be in her bones. She has also had a bone marrow test and having a biopsy on her lymph nodes today.Could the cancer have spread if there is some near her backbone if it’s cancer!!
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Oncology
12/15/2017
Oncologist: Dr. Hasan, Doctor replied 2 months ago
Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Hi, thanks for your question. My name is***** and i am here to help you today. I am sorry to hear about your problem. I am going to address your primary concern but later you can ask anything you want. Most likely the answer to your question is yes. If we consider that it's cancer then these multiple findings indicates that the cancer might have spread. But we have good hopes as well because the response of lymph node to antibiotics means that it's not likely to be cancerous as cancer never respond to antibiotics. There are other possibilities in her case like granulamatous disease but still it should be consider cancer until proven otherwise. Her further testing should be done like biopsy of the lymph node, PET scan etc to confirm the cause. I wish her good luck and that she gets well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service but if you have received anything less than that, please ask anything you want. Your excellent feedback is requested and will be appreciated. Regards
Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor