Oncology

Oncology questions? Ask an oncologist for answers ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

I have been feeling a bit unwell for the last 2-3 days. My…

Customer Question
Hi, I have been feeling...
Hi, I have been feeling a bit unwell for the last 2-3 days. My symptoms are an ache that comes and goes in my left arm and leg (in random areas) and I'm feeling headachy and a little nauseous at times. I'm 4 weeks postpartum and am breastfeeding (not sure if you need to know this). I am concerned about the dull ache/pain that comes and goes in my left arm and leg, I did feel a bit in my chest as well but that seems to have gone now.
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Oncology
12/7/2017
Oncologist: Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD replied 7 months ago
Dr. Mo
Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD
When you shoot yourself to feel that the pain gets worse or that you developed worsening chest pains?
Not shoot, that’s supposed to read “exert”.
When you exert yourself so you feel worsening pain in the chest or extremity pains?
No I don't
As long as you don’t have any worsening leg swelling it may not be anything serious.
But we always worry about postpartum eclampsia which is quite rare.
The fact that it’s one sided pain is worth exploring. Did the pregnancy all go well?
I have felt a couple of light dull aches in the right side too but not like the left side. I also had a little bit of tingling in my right hand. Are you thinking heart related, clot or something in the bone?
Yes pregnancy went ok, just had bad Sciatica pain and heartburn and bit of discomfort in the third trimester.
My heartburn hasn't gone away, it's not anywhere near as bad as it was in pregnancy but it hasn't completely gone away, is this normal?
It sounds more like slight water retention or maybe some deficiency in vitamins or protein but not anything serious.
not bone cancer or anything life threatening?
But it’s safer to get checked out. And it’s normal for the heartburn to last a while.
No. This doesn’t indicate cancer to me at all.

Please let me know if you have any other questions regarding this.