Oncology

Oncology questions? Ask an oncologist for answers ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Burning in thoracic into chest on left side. Ringing in

Customer Question
Burning in thoracic into chest...
Burning in thoracic into chest on left side . Ringing in ears , sore throat.
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Oncology
12/3/2017
Oncologist: Dr. David, Doctor (MD) replied 4 months ago
Dr. David, Doctor (MD)

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

I am sorry you are having these symptoms.

do you smoke cigarettes?

do you have acid reflux? acid reflux can cause sore throat

viral infections and colds can cause sore throat.

burning in the chest can be from a pneumonia or bronchitis or acid reflux.

how long have you had the ringing in the ears?

I have had burning in thoracic that travels to my chest for a couple of months .. I can’t seem to find the cause . I recently got a sore throat and keeping belching .. the ringing in the ears just started. Now I’m scared it could be really serious .. Had a full blood work done in June everything cane back great.
No smoking

that is good you don't smoke.

belching can be a sign of excessive stomach acid production

certain foods, spicy foods, tomato sauces, fried foods, oily foods, poor diet, large meals, black pepper, alcohol can cause the stomach to make more stomach acid.

medications like prilosec (omeprazole) and zantac and gavascon or maalox or mylanta can help decrease stomach acid and most likely will help your belching and burning chest and sore throat from acid reflux. all of these are over the counter.

if these over the counter pills don't work, you may need to see a doctor to get on stronger prescription stomach acid reducing agents.

have you taken stomach acid reducing agents like the ones before?

No nwvr needed antacid .. would this cause the ringing in the ears as well ?
Never

it sounds like you need to watch your diet and try those stomach acid reducing medications now to help your symptoms.

ringing in the ears can be from fluid in the inner ears or dehydration or ear wax in your ears possibly.

I would get your stomach acid levels down first

if you are not willing to try to take the over the counter stomach acid reducing medications I mentioned, you may have to see a doctor face to face for prescription stomach acid reducing medications.

I will try the over counter , I Just never did .. Can a pinched nerve in my thoracic cause these symptoms?

a pinched nerve usually would not cause sore throat and burping.

Let me know if you have other questions.
If done for now, please leave Positive Rating of 5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today.
We only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback. (You may have to scroll up or down to see the ratings area)
You can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions.
Here is my website if you need to reach me:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Dr. David, Doctor (MD)