Oncology

Oncology questions? Ask an oncologist for answers ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

I have a 4.5 mm mole on my stomach. It has been there for…

Customer Question
I have a 4.5 mm...
I have a 4.5 mm mole on my stomach. It has been there for some time. I have fair skin and freckles . This mole I’m alittle concerned with. It does not bleed , itch , or scab . Does this look like melanoma ?
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Oncology
This is very close up picture of the mole. It’s not raised. ( maybe slightly ) it does seem even in color
11/28/2017
Oncologist: Dr Uzaer, Cancer Surgeon replied 7 months ago
Dr Uzaer
Dr Uzaer, Cancer Surgeon

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Melanoma looks like any other mole, what separates it from benign moles is that it itches, bleeds, grows in size rapidly, ulcerates and develops irregular borders. So, if your mole has not shown any of these characteristics, then it is not a melanoma.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

Please let me know if you have followup questions.