Oncology

Oncology questions? Ask an oncologist for answers ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Husband has small cell lung cancer June 2016 had chemo and…

Customer Question
Husband has small cell...

Husband has small cell lung cancer June 2016 had chemo and radiation treatments as well as radiation to brain.

Doctor's Assistant: Are you keeping a personal medical record while dealing with this?

Yes, his last ct scan shows a cloudiness around the lungs and still a very small growth (the first mass was 9.2 cm).

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Some pain and numbness in hands and feet. Should he have more treatments. I have read that sometimes more chemo does not always necessarily work.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Oncology
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/18/2017
Oncologist: Dr.Saleem, Doctor replied 8 months ago
Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem, Doctor

Hello and welcome to JA. Dr Saleem here. Will be answering you shortly

Sorry to hear about that. So how many cycles of chemo he had? What combination was used ? Did it completely clear the cancer ? After how long did this mass reappeared following chemo?