Oncology

Oncology Questions? Ask an Oncologist for Answers ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Oncology

I went to the er because my d dimer was positive with level

hey, i went to the...
hey, i went to the er because my d dimer was positive with level of 0.67 and i told thm my knee hurting but the only checked mylungs
JA: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Have you noticed any swelling?
Customer: yes on my ankle and also i get a sharp poking pain on my left leg, knees and right side of my head
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: no, i passed out on friday the 10th
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
i fractured my knee doing crossfit two years ago and ever since i get a lot of pain on my left leg. On friday nov 10 i passed out and shaking on the floor and my heart was beating fast. on thursday i decided to go to urgent care and the doctor found my d dimer positive with a 0.67 volume. i went to er and they only checked my lungs and didn;t get any medication to dissolve the clot.
11/18/2017
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

Were you told that you have positive D-dimer test?

The normal range of D-dimer is less than 500 ng/mL.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
the doctor said with a 0.67 level

This is a normal level.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Not 0.67 is 67.00 . Also i don’t know if me passing out and having a heart beat super fast and blood pressure at 180 when I’m only 27 related to the d Dimer. When the doctors did the examination yesterday they only focused on my lungs

Anything less than 500 is normal.

Following investigations need to be pursued in your case to ascertain the cause of passing out high BP and fast heart rate;

1) MRI with gadolinium contrast

2) Magnetic resonance angiography (MRA)

3) Tilt table test

4) Carotid sinus massage

5) Electroencephalography (EEG)

6) Stress cardiac test

7) Total creatine kinase (CK) and heart enzymes

8) Blood electrolytes and blood glucose.

Is this helpful to you?

These should be able to zero down the cause.

" I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

You can continue to ask questions after positive feedback.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

You rated my answer as poor service. May I please know, how can I further help you, what are your unanswered questions and where did my answer lack (so I can improve on it)? I would be more than glad to help you further.

Please do not rate negative if you want refund as the ratings stay on the site records and affect the standing of the expert.
If you simply want more information, feel free to reply and let me know - I am here to help you to your satisfaction. If you have other concerns, reply and let me know. I am here to make sure you are satisfied.

Stay blessed.

Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)