Oncology

Oncology questions? Ask an oncologist for answers ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

My WBC is 5, Monocytes is 11.2, my Celiac panel shows tTG…

My WBC is 5...
My WBC is 5 , Monocytes is 11.2 , my Celiac panel shows tTG Ab, IgA greater than 250, tTG Ab, IgG 36.6 , ENDO Ab, IgA Detected, ENDO Ab Titer 1:160 . ANA Screen positive, ANA Pattern 1 Speckeled, ANA Titer 1 1:80, D Gliadn Ab IgA 118.6 and D Gliadn Ab IgG greater than 250. I'd like help understanding what this means and what tests I should have taken next
My results
Results page 2
A few more results in the test are Absolute Lymph 1.7 th/mm3, Absolute PMN 2.5 Th/mm3
Absolute Mono 0.6, Absolute EOS 0.2 ,
11/18/2017
Dr. David, Doctor (MD)

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

your iTG Ab IgA and D Gliadn Ab IgA antibodies are high means you most likely have a celiac spruce disease which is a bowel allergy to gluten.

it sounds like you need to stay away from gluten and white flour and foods with flour, cereals, pasta, bread

you may benefit from a colonoscopy as well

have you been avoiding gluten in your diet?

Thank you for the quick response. I'd naturally been avoiding breads, sugary deserts and pastas for a few years now just because they usually make me feel sick and give me bowel issues. I do eat bread on occasion with a burger though. My symptoms have seem much worse the last 2 years where I have reg diarrhea, UTIs 2 times a month, waves of nausea and weakness, tight muscles and back pain daily and vomiting 1-2 times per month. Last night was the sickest I've been. I was up for 3 hours vomiting and going to the bathroom over 8 times. I'm still very weak and nauseous today.

I am sorry

you need to see a GI doctor

you need upper endoscopy

and a lower colonoscopy as well

you may need to avoid all gluten from your diet

you need an upper endoscopy to check for stomach inflammation, gastritis, over production of stomach acid, H Pylori stomach infection which can cause some of your symptoms.

have you had these tests yet?

No I haven't had those tests yet but have a gastro visit scheduled for the first week of January. Thank you so much for the suggestions on what to be sure I cover during my appointment. I'd been trying to get two different Drs to run more tests for 4 years now so I'm glad to be on the right track finally and to know how to be my best advocate to move things in the right direction

you are welcome

Let me know if you have other questions.
If done for now, please leave Positive Rating of 5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today.
We only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback. (You may have to scroll up or down to see the ratings area)
You can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions.
Here is my website if you need to reach me:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Dr. David, Doctor (MD)