Oncology

Oncology questions? Ask an oncologist for answers ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

I had a snb in april where only 1 lymph node was removed.

Customer Question
I had a snb...

I had a snb in april where only 1 lymph node was removed. Now I have a lump in my armpit that has grown in a couple weeks very fast that feels like a cyst .. i am hoping . its rubbery like and painful - sore like to touch.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

Pain for 1 week and movement , any type of extension with my arm.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Oncology
11/16/2017
Oncologist: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD) replied 5 months ago
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

A sore, painful tender lump (growing fast) is likely to be inflammatory or infective in origin. You may need;

1) Blood counts

2) Ultrasound

For the evaluation.

A course of antibiotic and anti inflammatory medicine may be tried meanwhile.

You may post a picture here.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

" I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

You can continue to ask questions after positive feedback.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)