Oncology

Oncology questions? Ask an oncologist for answers ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

What does this mean from PET scan? Physiologic uptake of the…

What does this mean...

What does this mean from PET scan? Physiologic uptake of the tracer within the brain, salivary glands, myocardium, GI, and GU tracts. There is extensive lymphadenopathy, throughout the neck, chest, abdomen, and pelvis, which demonstrate mildly increased metabolic activity. There is more avid hypermetabolic activity within a left inguinal lymph node and within bilateral axillary and cervical lymph node chains. There are no additional foci of increased metabolic activity.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this issue? Are you experiencing any numbness or tingling?

Not experiencing any of these

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Nothing... just had a biopsy done yesterday

Answered in 1 minute by:
10/19/2017
DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Medical Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

what did the biopsy show?

haven't gotten results yet; only PET scan but I don't see my doctor for another two weeks and I'm concerned...a port was put in

what symptoms do you have?

what are they suspecting?

leukemia?

They are thinking Lymphomia

Yes, I can see that on the PET scan for sure

basically it says lymph nodes are swollen all over

You are going to need chemo

and it is probably lymphoma

but it is treatable

highly treatable

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave a 5 star rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-irondoc/

The PET scan basically confirms that there is cancer in the blood and lymph nodes

The chemo should be able to take care of it though

DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Medical Doctor
Thank you... I'm trying to prepare mentally...