Oncology

Oncology questions? Ask an oncologist for answers ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Someone very close to me was first diagnosed with cancer 4…

Customer Question
Someone very close to me...
Someone very close to me was first diagnosed with cancer 4 years ago, and after several life saving surgeries, constant drug prescriptions and expensive medical visits, not so much as a week ago he went in to the treatment center after being told he was supposedly stable, that he had six months to live (this was told to him by a doctor at a major cancer treatment center). Our family was distraught, to hear that there was nothing more that could be done. We're still recovering. Then, a week after, he gets a call from the doctor working above him saying that there was a mistake, and that dad's condition never changed.Is there a way to sue for misdiagnoses for a supposedly fatal diagnoses? (Not sure what the word is behind it, but all in all, our family is sick and tired of hearing these up and down news, and we're paying too much to have doctors not be sure of what they are preforming and doing.)
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Oncology
10/17/2017
Oncologist: Dr. K., MD replied 8 months ago
Dr. K.
Dr. K., MD
Hello and welcome to Just Answer. I looking forward to assisting you with your question and providing excellent service. No theres not. The patient was not harmed in any way. It sounds like hes not even your family member? What is his diagnosis and what was the misdiagnosis?