Oncology

Oncology questions? Ask an oncologist for answers ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

I have no histiry of breast cancer in my family on either…

Customer Question
I have no histiry...

I have no histiry of breast cancer in my family on either side going back for genrations.I am 50 and not very aware of many things regarding waht to look for in my own breast. I have never found a lump ir anything close in my breasts. I was never aware of how they looked as I always thought it was just about doing self exams to search for things like lumps. When someone online said they exmained their breasts for other things I started googling wha tthey were. Mistake. I then looked at my breasts which is honestly something I just dont do . I noticed one breast had a spot near the nipple that when I lay down has a small indenture where the tissue feels a bit softer just at the surface. When I stand up it all looks and feels the same...no indents...no soft softer tissue. It is nothing extreme ....it is just that I noticed it and I have no one to ask if that is normal?For all I know it has always been like that but I wanted to just know if something like a soft tissue spot is normal. I have been dieting so I have lost some weigth as well and I dont know if that effects anything?

Doctor's Assistant: Are you keeping a personal medical record while dealing with this?

Yes

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Oncology
10/17/2017
Oncologist: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD) replied 8 months ago
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

This indentation on lying down in all likely normal and can be contributed by age and dieting.

So you should not worry about cancer.

You may get this evaluated and confirmed by your doctor just for caution.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Is it normal to have a slight indentation when lying don or a soft tissue spot? My Mom is gone so these questions seem more what I would ask here if she were around than a doctor but as she is not I am just trying to understand what is "normal" for the breast to have?

Yes, this can be normal.

The breast self examination is more to do with comparing any changes of your breast with your own past self exams.

Your description does not indicate cancer.

It is privilege assisting you.

Sorry, I cannot phone you but we can continue chat here.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

I would still like a phone call

Kate,

I am sorry, I cannot call you.

If you wish, you can ask question here on chat.

Stay blessed.

Just Answer is based on honor system. Experts are paid for time and expertise only when a positive rating is received.

Best wishes,

It was my pleasure to help you.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drarunphophalia/

Stay blessed.