Oncology

Oncology Questions? Ask an Oncologist for Answers ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Oncology

My right side submandibular gland is burning and is painful

Customer Question
back to the corner of...
My right side submandibular gland is burning and is painful back to the corner of my jaw bellow my ear. What could be causing this?
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Oncology
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/16/2017
Oncologist: DocPhilMD, Medical Doctor replied 1 month ago
DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Medical Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

do you have allergies?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I do not

what about acid reflux?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
From time to time but not right now

what else could be irritating this area?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I guess I am wondering if it is something serious and/or what I can do to get it to clear up.

Hard to say for sure

Usually irritation in this area is not serious

But we need to figure out why in order to get it to clear up

how long have you had it?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
About 4 months off and on. They did do an ultrasound on the gland and said it looked normal and I had a CBC test done about three weeks ago and all my levels are normal

that is great

could it be burning because you are touching it so much?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have been rubbing it the last couple days because it is painful more towards the back of my jaw

could it be TMJ?

do you grind your teeth?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I do grind my teeth from time to time and I clench my jaw a lot. Could that cause the burning and the pain under my jaw in the gland and back farther?
absolutely it could. I suspect that is the cause. Please don't forget a 5 star rating. I appreciate it. If you have any other questions just reply.
Thanks for this question. I strive for 5 star service for all customers. If you have more questions, just reply. :)
DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Medical Doctor