Oncology

Oncology Questions? Ask an Oncologist for Answers ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Oncology

I had a seroma which I believed turned into a breast abscess…

Customer Question
I had a seroma which...
I had a seroma which I believed turned into a breast abscess and the abscess just ruptured. I was being careful and slept on my back but I must have hit it and now it's oozing pus and clear/yellow fluid. I was planning to see my doctor since the abscess just formed on Sunday. What should I do?
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Oncology
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/16/2017
Oncologist: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD) replied 4 months ago
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

You would need a course of antibiotic.

You may also need a minor incision and drainage procedure.

Going to ER or an urgent care clinic is advised.

Ice compresses and Tylenol would also be recommneded.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

It's 2:30 in the morning here so I would need to go to the ER. Can this wait until 8:00am so I can go to urgent care or my doctor?

Yes, you can wait till morning; if pain is not severe and you do not have fever.

You may apply Neosporin or Betadine if you have.

Applying a Johnson Dressing may be done, if available.

It is privilege assisting you.

I think I have a saline wash should I use that then put on Neosporin then a dressing?

Sure, you can do that.

ok thanks. My lumpectomy was in May and my radiation was finished in August. Is it unusual to get an abscess now? It seemed as though my scar was healed.

You are very welcome.

This is unusual for infection and abscess to occur so late.

It is privilege assisting you. Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating. The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.Thank you.Wishing you all the very best in life.http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Just Answer is based on honor system. Experts are paid for time and expertise only when a positive rating is received.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

Best wishes,

It was my pleasure to help you.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drarunphophalia/

Stay blessed.

Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)