Oncology

Oncology Questions? Ask an Oncologist for Answers ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Oncology

I am 28 weeks pregnant and had these 2 very distinct lumps

Customer Question
on one of my ribs...
I am 28 weeks pregnant and had these 2 very distinct lumps on one of my ribs and I just checked the area again, one feels like it’s gone and the other feels like it’s still there but maybe not as distinct as it used to be. Should I be concerned that they are changing?
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Oncology
10/15/2017
Oncologist: tazechip, Other replied 1 month ago
tazechip
tazechip, Other

No need for concern--obviously only benign things would change for the better like that

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Should I only be concerned if they are getting bigger?

Exactly

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Can ribs have lumps on them that are just part of the rib or are they usually smooth?

The can have benign lumps on them

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I got an ultrasound on that area like 4 months ago and it showed nothing abnormal. I guess I am just concerned because one is gone and one is still there

I understand but from what you've told me this isn't anything to worry about

Please click on the 5 star excellent rating icon so I can get credit for my time with you

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It’s not very noticible unless you know it’s there or are looking for something. If it was something serious would it be very noticible or would have grown in the last couple months?

Yes to that

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
If you feel from the side it’s more noticible then if you feel it going up and down, could it be possible that i am just feeling part of my rib?

Yes--I'm sure that's all you're feeling

tazechip
tazechip
tazechip, Other