Oncology

Oncology questions? Ask an oncologist for answers ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

I have what I assume to be lymphnode in my neck, it feels…

Customer Question
I have what I assume...
I have what I assume to be lymphnode in my neck, it feels round, smooth and I can push into it but it isn’t mobile.
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Oncology
10/6/2017
Oncologist: Dr. Pravin, Physician replied 10 months ago
Dr. Pravin
Dr. Pravin, Physician

Hello

Welcome and Thank you for your query posted.

My name is***** and being a Medicine specialist I would be able to provide you with an appropriate solution to your concern.

Please note that my Goal is to provide you with an Excellent Service .

Before I answer your question I would like to get some more information:

Do you have fever ?

Since how long do you have this ?

Please note that the answer provided is for information purpose only and does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic

No fever and just noticed it today

Thank you very much for the information provided.

Does it pain ?

Do you have dental issues ?

No to both questions

If there is no pain , and feels round and smooth :

There is nothing to worry

I can suggest you to get a sonography done to check the size and texture of the lymphnode.

People tend to have lymph nodes that are benign and chronic and you can definitely not worry about them.

Please do let me know if you have any further queries.

Everything I have read says you should be worried if it isn’t mobile

Fixed lymph nodes need to be checked by sonography as I have mentioned to check for size and texture.

If the lymph node is fixed and if you have accompanying symptoms like stiffness in neck , fever , severe pain and discomfort , loss of weight : that is when you should be worried.

But if I have non of those other symptoms I shouldn’t be worried?

No, you should not be worried.

However you should get a sonography done

Do you Agree with what I have mentioned ?

If you Agree with what I have mentioned, would you like me to release the rating service application on your page so you can leave me a feedback for my opinion provided

Could it possibly be something else?
I was at the doctor last week for a cough I have had on and off for a couple months and he didn’t mention anything.
Here where they are

Well they may have come up due to the sore throat and cough as well ( for a couple of months ) slowly increasing in size.

Do not worry .

From your history it does not look like anything else.

I mean could I be just feeling some part of my throat not a lymphnode?

Well yes !

The points you have marked also is the place where you have the Thyroid cartilage .

Really depends on what you are palpating

Thanks

Can that feel round?

Yes it can feel round and fixed as well .

About how big would you say?

Around the size of ping pong ball ( a little smaller )

Well these feel about 1.5-2cm maybe

Well you may be palpating a very small portion of it

Is it possible for you to get a sonography done of the area?

If the walk in clinic thinks I need one. But I thought you said I shouldn’t worry?

You shouldn't worry

Taking a sonography of the lymph node is not a sign that you should worry . it is just a precautionary step to keep a tab on the growth

At the walk in clinic they will check whether what you are palpating with your fingers is indeed a lymph node or not

Well since it wasn’t there a week ago, as I saw the docor and he felt the area. I am sure it’s nothing serious.

Great !

I am also 100 % sure there is nothing serious

Are there lymphnodes in that area though?

Yes ofcourse there are lymph nodes in that area.

You do not have any other symptoms like weight loss , loss of appetite , fever to suggest that there is anything sinister in your lymph node growth

I don’t have any other symptoms but I am 26 weeks pregnant

So then there is nothing to worry

Pregnancy is not related to these growths

Hello

Do you Agree ?

Regards

Dr Pravin