Oncology

Oncology questions? Ask an oncologist for answers ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

My husband has a knot under his skin that feels kind of like…

Customer Question
My husband has a knot...
My husband has a knot under his skin that feels kind of like a bead about 1.5 inches above his nipple. I can kind of move it under his skin, but it is very hard. I’m concerned it could be something cancer related, but it does kind of feel like a lipoma I have on my side. There’s no change in hisnipple, or any type of discharge or skin change. He says he felt it when he went to scratch himself and said it hurt a little. I can push on it, and it doesn’t hurt him too bad, but he says it’s tender. I’m just worried it’s only tender because we’re messing with it so much but it doesn’t actually
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Oncology
10/2/2017
Oncologist: Dr. RK, Doctor replied 10 months ago
Dr. RK
Dr. RK, Doctor

Dear customer,

How long are the symptoms?

Did you have any test or consulted a doctor yet?

He just noticed this the other day. He’s seeing a doctor on Wednesday, just his normal checkup so he was going to have them look.Other than that - no symptoms. My head always just goes to the worst possible thing

Dear customer,

The swelling above nipple may be due to the lipoma, lymph node enlargement, fibroadenoma, etc and one should have the physical examination done by the doctor/surgeon to know the underlying pathology causing such swelling.

The doctor may order the fnac/biopsy of the swelling to know the exact pathology.The local excsion may be done for benign swelling.Sometimes the mri scan of the thorax/abdomen is advised for finding the lymph node enlargement secondary to the other pathology.

Let me know here if you have any doubt.

Kindly rate me positive if you are satisfied.

Thank you