Oncology

Oncology questions? Ask an oncologist for answers ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

I have a few bumps along each jaw line (about 5 total). None…

Customer Question
I have a few bumps...
I have a few bumps along each jaw line (about 5 total). None of them painful. I've had them for several months, family doctors has said it was salivary glands. A few months ago the lymph nodes under my jaw at the base of my neck swelled up, and has been going up and down for several weeks now. Have been sick on and off for the last months. In the last few days I have noticed another bump, this one harder than the last, it hurts on the opposite side of my neck when I push it. I'm trying not to worry about it. But getting a hit worried
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Oncology
9/30/2017
Oncologist: Dr. David, Doctor (MD) replied 10 months ago
Dr. David, Doctor (MD)

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

it sounds like you are feeling a reactive or swollen lymph nodes which can swell up when your body is fighting off an infection.

lymph nodes can swell up and down when helping you fight off an infection. some reactive lymph nodes can be tender as well

the more you press on these lymph nodes, the more swollen and tender they can become

you can work on improving your immune system by eating healthier, avoiding alcohol, drinking more water, getting proper sleep at night time, exercising regularly and taking a multivitamin daily

let me know if you have questions.

I guess, it's just I have these bumps all along both jaw lines that aren't painful but have been there for months now. Also had some ear and sinus issues along with a sore throat, over the last while. Bloody nose too, in short a lot of symptoms I've read are similar to that of cancer around the area.

I am a cancer doctor

your symptoms don't point to cancer.

allergies, viral infection can cause swollen lymph nodes in the neck

allergies, dry air can cause bloody nose.