Oncology

Oncology questions? Ask an oncologist for answers ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Dr only!!!, the girl obsessed with my qt interval. I needed…

Customer Question
Dr David only!!! This is...
Dr David only!!! This is Diane, the girl obsessed with my qt interval. I needed your help back in February in regards ***** ***** lump I found in my left breast in the four o’clock position. My ultrasound then said benign 6mm lesion probable intrammary lymph node..repeat ultrasound in 6 months.Well...yesterday I had my 6 month repeat ultrasound (it was actually more like 8 months) and got the results today. Good news is that everything is unchanged...I read the report and it states (I’m paraphrasing here) unchanged 6mm solid well-circumscribed lesion of likely benign etiology. 4 o’clock position on left breast. Follow up in 6 months to check for stability. Birads 2.the tech who was doing my ultrasound said everything looks normal...the only thing She thought that they (meaning radiologists) are seeing is a lump that looks like fat or tissue.It’s been a full year since I’ve found this lump. I found it myself in sept 2016. .I’m just wondering at what point should I push for further testing such as a biopsy or mammogram or even mri? I have severe anxiety and hypochondria that I’m actually on Disability due to my anxiety issues. I’ve read online that birads 2 means benign but because the radiologist wrote likely benign etilology now I’m wondering why am I having to do another 6 month repeat ultrasound?
I live in Toronto, ontario, Canada so I’m lucky enough to have universal health care so to have any additional testing is not costing me money out of pocket.
My other reports never had a birads score on it but I read online that no additional testing is needed for a birads 2 but yet here I am a full year later dealing with this and no definite diagnosis and having to do another repeat ultrasound now in March 2018. My anxiety is through the roof, I don’t know what to do with myself. I can’t stop touching the lump as it is palpable (I’m the one who found it) I keep crying and I’m scared. Dr David what do you suggest?
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Oncology
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/29/2017
Oncologist: Dr. David, Doctor (MD) replied 8 months ago
Dr. David, Doctor (MD)

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

no, you don't need more testing now

the spot hasn't changed

it is not cancer

you can just get regular mammograms once every 6-12 months

you don't have to worry

Let me know if you have other questions.
If done for now, please leave Positive Rating of 5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today.
We only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback. (You may have to scroll up or down to see the ratings area)
You can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions.
Here is my website if you need to reach me:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

What could the lesion possibly be then? This is my 3rd ultrasound on my breast in the past 12 months and all the reports just say there’s a lesion there but no one has said what it is? They say it looks benign but If they don’t know what it is, how do they know if it’s cancerous or not?
Also the radiologist said it was a birads 2 and online it says no additional testing is needed but on the ultrasound report it says repeat in 6 months. This is causing me a great deal of anxiety and I’m worried that the radiologists are missing something
Also I’ve never had a mammogram as I’m 35 turning 36 next week. They’ve only been doing ultrasounds on my breast
Dr David?

you are feeling a normal fat lump or breast glandular tissue in your breast

this is normal.

it is not cancer.

Dr. David, Doctor (MD)