Oncology

Oncology questions? Ask an oncologist for answers ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

I need oncologists opinion. Celiac, gastritis, asthma,

Customer Question
I need oncologists opinion. ...

I need oncologists opinion.

Doctor's Assistant: Are you keeping a personal medical record while dealing with this?

Yes.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Celiac, gastritis, asthma, reflux. The gastritis ashtma and reflux all new since 2015. Flow cytometry results.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Oncology
Flow cytometry performed on FNA of right neck cervical lymph node. Based on CD45 and side scatter characteristics of lymphocytes, the red blood cell kudos sample was found to have 4.8% CD 19+ B cells and 94.0% CD 5 + cells. B cell characteristics (selected based on CD 19 antigen) CD 19 + KAPPA + 55/9...CD 19 + LAMBA + 43.5...Kappa:Lamba ratio 1.2... CD 19+ CD10+ 0.1... CD 19+ CD 5+ 0.5...
INTERPRETATION
A limited 6 marker panel was performed due to celluarity. CD19 + B cells show polytypoc surface immunoglobulin light chain expression. This was verified by selecting multiple subpopulations of B cells.
9/23/2017
Oncologist: Dr. David, Doctor (MD) replied 8 months ago
Dr. David, Doctor (MD)

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

it sounds like you had a fine needle aspiration and biopsy of a lymph node

how old are you?

it is normal to see multiple subpopulations of B cells in a lymph node.

this is a normal result

you don't have cancer in that lymph node

let me know if you have questions.

What about the 94% cd5 t cells?

that is normal.

I am 42 years old only.

that is ok.

your biopsy doesn't show cancer.

please leave Positive Rating of 5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback
you may have to scroll up or down to see the ratings area
you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions
here is my website if you need to reach me:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Just one more question, it shows no cancer in lymph node, but does the cd markers point to another type of cancer?

it shows no cancer in the lymph node

these CD markers are showing normal cells and normal lymphocytes which work in lymph nodes.

it doesn't point to any cancer at all

let me know if you have other questions.
if done for now, please leave Positive Rating of 5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com