Oncology

Oncology questions? Ask an oncologist for answers ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

I had my colonoscopy and had 1 polyp and surgeon said i was…

Customer Question
i had my colonoscopy and...
i had my colonoscopy and had 1 polyp and surgeon said i was all clear,what do you think i should ask my Dr about next,im not spitting up blood or lossing weight,good appetite,no pain,got good energy,stool good color,want your opinion?
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Oncology
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/20/2017
Oncologist: Dr Uzaer, Cancer Surgeon replied 8 months ago
Dr Uzaer
Dr Uzaer, Cancer Surgeon

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

You just need to ask one question that was the polyp looked beningn or he took a biopsy of the polyp which came back benign. There is no symptom you should worry about and your colonoscopy was all clear so nothing much to worry about.

Hope this helps.

Please do not forget to leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.

Best wishes.

well he said you need to go bact to your family Dr to maybe do iron studies on this mild anemia,,do you think any other tests should be done?hemglobin 11.9,,mch 26.4,,mcv 82 fl,,hematocrit,36.8,,,my hemoglobin 12 months ago was 14.8,,we chatted last week and you give me more insight

Thanks for the reply.

It is most likely iron deficiency anemia and you just need iron studies to confirm the diagnosis so that treatment can be given accordingly.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes.

liver,stomach,small intestines,pancreas dont need to be looked at or ct scanned for blood loss or lukemiia tests?? thaks for your help

No there is no need as anemia is not that much and is most likely due to iron deficiency.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes.

thanks for the help! 5 stars!

My pleasure.

Best wishes.

Dr Uzaer
Dr Uzaer
Dr Uzaer, Cancer Surgeon