Oncology

Oncology questions? Ask an oncologist for answers ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

I have a tender spot on my collarbone right near where that…

Customer Question
I have a tender spot...
I have a tender spot on my collarbone right near where that muscle attaches at your collarbone and runs up your neck. It is tender and hurts throughout the day. There is no swelling that I can tell, but I'm scared to death it's a lymph node. I had a painful sore in my ear last week that has gone away this week, a slight pain in my throat due to that sore in my ear. I also carry a 20 pound plus camera strap that rubs on that side. I haven't had a fever or any other symptoms. Just that tender spot. Could it be a lymph node or cancer of some sort?
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Oncology
9/19/2017
Oncologist: tazechip, Other replied 8 months ago
tazechip
tazechip, Other

Hello I'm Dr Chip

Could you please post a photo on this page indicating exactly where this spot is located?

It's sore right above that bone.
Almost feels like a bruise when I press on it.

Got it--thanks

And how long has it been tender?

Just a few days

OK

First off that isn't a lymph node--wrong location and if it were, a tender lymph node would not be from cancer

It's just a sore tendon/muscle there and probably was caused by the camera strap

So nothing to worry about

Please let me know if you need any more information

tazechip
tazechip
tazechip, Other