Oncology

Oncology questions? Ask an oncologist for answers ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

I had this spot I was worried about and it had seemed to go…

I had this spot I...
I had this spot I was worried about and it had seemed to go away, but right above where that spot was is this thing that is long and soft( I can push into it). What could this be? I am almost 24 weeks pregnant.
9/18/2017
Doctor John MD
Doctor John MD, Board Certified MD

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer.com

This is Dr. John and I will be helping you today.

I will be reviewing your question and will respond shortly.

I may need to ask a few more questions in order to best serve you.

Thank you for your patience.

Answers here are for education and information only.

can you upload a picture?

Sorry, appeaently I didn't put all the information in my question... my bad!
But I am referring to my breast, like Inside, not on the skin

ok, when did you first notice the change in the breast?

and is there any warmth or redness over it on the surface of the breast?

Today and no there's not. I am guessing it's just normal Brest tissue because it's not hard. But there's no change in my skin at all

there are changes that start happening to the breast due to pregnancy as hormone levels change and the breast tissue begins to get ready to produce breast milk. If its only been there a day, I would recommend trying a warm compress on it tonight and tomorrow. If its not improving in 2 days, you can make an appointment with your OB/GYN and they can do a breast exam.

Does that answer your question?

If so, I would like to thank you for your question and I hope you found my answer informative and helpful.

Please remember to leave a rating by clicking the series of 5 stars at the top of the screen.

The experts here at JustAnswer only get credit for the answer once you leave a rating for us.

You can also add a bonus if you were extremely happy with our service today.

You can always return and ask follow up questions if needed.

- Dr John.

Dr. David, Doctor (MD)

This is Dr. David

I think I have helped you before.

during pregnancy, you can get swelling and filling of milk glands in your breast which can cause lumps and bumps in your breast.

a blocked milk gland can also cause a lump in your breast and when it becomes unblocked, it can disappear

this would not be a sign of breast cancer

let me know if you have other questions.

Dr. David, Doctor (MD)