tazechip
tazechip, Other
Experience:  Years of surgical and critical care experience
18722459

Would any cancers grow this fast over only 2 days and then

Would any cancers grow this fast over only 2 days and then not get any worse?I found a sore on my scrotum about 6 weeks ago. The sore is raised slightly above the surrounding skin and is not ulcerated. I'm not sexually active. About 3 weeks ago, my whole groin area (only above my private parts) started to swell in a manner consistent with a bilateral inguinal hernia. (I had one over 30 years ago as a baby.) This swelling started over 2 consecutive nights. As it was starting, I could feel it happen; it felt like my groin was filling up with something. Since then, it has not gotten any worse. Its texture is smooth and fairly uniform. It's soft and squishy, and it is denser at the bottom than at the top. The lymph nodes in my pelvic area and groin seem to be normal-sized and mobile. I think the biggest one is around the size of a pencil eraser.I am scared and trying to rule out the possibility of metastatic cancer. From what I’ve read, subcutaneous melanoma wouldn’t spread this fast, but I’m not a doctor. I can't tell if the swelling and the sore are related because the sore is near the edge of the swelling. If they are related, this thing went from the size of my smallest fingernail to the size of my whole open hand over only 2 nights. Are there any cancers that would behave like this? Or is the swelling most likely not cancer?

Hello I'm Dr Chip

Could you please post a photo on this page for me?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Here's the swelling after exercising and taking a shower. It's generally at its worst after exercise.

Got it--thanks

First off no cancer of any type grows this fast--absolutely no way

But a hernia could absolutely do that

And since it's causing you some pain you need to have it evaluated fairly soon since it needs surgical repair

Please let me know if you need any more information