Oncology

Oncology questions? Ask an oncologist for answers ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

I am experiencing nausea as well as pelvic pain that is

Customer Question
worse on the right side...
I am experiencing nausea as well as pelvic pain that is worse on the right side as well as pain by my belly button. I had a Ct scan a week ago and all looked normal as well as a CBC that was all normal. What could be causing this?
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Oncology
9/11/2017
Oncologist: Dr. David, Doctor (MD) replied 8 months ago
Dr. David, Doctor (MD)

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

I am sorry you are having these symptoms

you could be having nausea and cramps from you pelvic ovary which can cause these symptoms

how intense is the pain from a scale from 0-10?

your pain sounds like it would not be related to cancer.

The pain is about a 7. I did have a partial hysterectomy about two years ago as well.

I see.

the pain could be from scar tissue from your prior partial hysterectomy

or could be from swelling or ovarian cysts which can occur from time to time

ibuprofen and naproxen sodium can help decrease pain from ovarian cysts.

have you tried these over the counter pain relief medications.

you should take them with food in your stomach and with plenty of water.

let me know if you have other questions.
if done for now, please leave Positive Rating of 5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback
you may have to scroll up or down to see the ratings area
you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions
here is my website if you need to reach me:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

I have tried over the counter pain relievers. Nothing really helps.
My Ct scan also did not show ovarian cysts

then it may be scar tissue from your surgery which could be causing the pain

you may need a transvaginal ultrasound to look for scar tissue or an MRI scan 3 tesla which may or may not be able to find scar tissue in your pelvis from your surgery.

you may need more testing to find out why you are having this pain.

What else could be causing these pains? They have been nonstop for over a week

most likely not constipation or diarrhea.

you don't think your pains are due to scar tissue from your surgery or a small ovarian cyst?

you could be having early infalmmation of your appendix which is in the right lower abdomen area.

Wouldn't an ovarian cyst show up on a Ct scan?
If it is scar tissue what can I do to get rid of it?

small ovarian cysts will not show up on a CT scan

a transvagional ultasound is better to see small ovarian cysts in the pelvis which very commonly can cause pain in the pelvis for women.

Is there anything I can try to get rid of the cysts at home? The doctor put me on birth control back ion August to help with the endometriosis and cyst pain and I dont think it is working than

you have endometriosis? this can cause your pelvic pain.

you need a trans vaginal ultrasdound to look for evidence of endometriosis

you may need to try another higher dose birth control pill

pelvic MRI scan and pelvic ultrasounds do a better job of seeing endometriosis than CT scan.

if there is too much endometriosis you may benefit from surgery to remove uterine issue outside of your uterus in your pelvis.

I don't have a uterus anymore. Is it still possible to have that much endometriosis?

yes, you could still have endometriosis in your pelvis even when your uterus is removed.

Dr. David, Doctor (MD)