Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Experienced Oncology Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

Pet Scan Results: there are multiple prominent and mildly

Customer Question

Pet Scan Results:
there are multiple prominent and mildly enlarged mediastinal lymph nodes with hypermatabolism, for example a SUBCARINAL 2.0 X 1.1cm with suv of 4.5 and a premarital node measuring 1.1 X 0.9 cm with suv 6.0.IMPRESSION;
Multiple prominent and mildly enlarged mediastinal lymph nodes with hyper metabolism suv 6.0. The differential diagnosis includes inflammatory and neoplastic etiologies. Consider tissue diagnosis.question is if I make sense is I looked up the stages of lymphoma and has by the above moved to the sucarinal and premarital (I have no idea where that is in the mediastinal) means it has spread to more than one area and means it is a a later stage than 1 and 2.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Oncology
Expert:  DocPhilMD replied 1 month ago.

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

Expert:  DocPhilMD replied 1 month ago.

why was the test done?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I had fever and my internist thought I had Plymonia in the lungs because four days before I had an upper endiscooy and colonoscopy. All was fine. I took X-ray and the techinucan ordered a cat scan with contrast and saw water in pericardial and some in my heart. Ordered pet scan. Had an echocardiogram and everything is fine in heart and they beluve the water is not that much
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Do what is your answer to my questions. Tuesday is my biopsy.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Please any answer
Expert:  DocPhilMD replied 1 month ago.

It could just be infection

especially if you have fever

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Did you read the impression of the report. The lymph nodes took the deactivate glucose
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
With the pet scan
Expert:  DocPhilMD replied 1 month ago.

Yes I read it. It said it could be "inflammatory" meaning related to infection

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Their also mentioned neoplastic etiologiies which means suspect cancer . Then why was the intake of sugar on pet scan on some lymph nodes SUV 6.0
Expert:  DocPhilMD replied 1 month ago.

I realize that is a possibility

but with fever and signs of infection it seems more likely to be infection

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Also, their impression: there is a moderate pericardial effusion without hyper metabolism, demonstrating SUV 6.1 There are moderate bilateral pleural effusions without hypermetabolism.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
There is compressive atelectasis I both lungs. that is all
Expert:  DocPhilMD replied 1 month ago.

I understand

I'm hoping for the best

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
the lung compressive is not concerning and the SUV of the pet scan of 6.0 and 6.1 is considered high
Expert:  DocPhilMD replied 1 month ago.

Not really. No.

they call atelectasis on xrays and CT scans all the time

doesn't mean much

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Wharton about the SUV of 6.0 etc by the pet scan of lymph nodes
Expert:  DocPhilMD replied 1 month ago.

wharton?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Wharton was suppose to be "what about about the SUV of 6.0 etc if the lymph nodes." That is not good
Expert:  DocPhilMD replied 1 month ago.

It could be from both issues

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Which issues please
Expert:  DocPhilMD replied 1 month ago.

cancer and infection

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Please we went into a different direction. Read my first question. That is what I wanted answered. I am copy and pasting here againquestion is if I make sense is I looked up the stages of lymphoma and has by the above moved to the sucarinal and premarital (I have no idea where that is in the mediastinal) means it has spread to more than one area and means it is a a later stage than 1 and 2.That is the question if possible to help me on. You just ignited it and ask why was it done, etc
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Read the impression and then my question as I copied and paste
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Read the first thing I write and asked the question??