Oncology

Oncology Questions? Ask an Oncologist for Answers ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Oncology

I wasx, I was operated for breastcancer in march. Grade 3, 9

Hello. I wasx JA: Have you...
Hello. I wasx
JA: Have you experienced any bleeding? Pain? Unintentional weight loss?
Customer: I was operated for breastcancer in march. Grade 3, 9 lymph nodes positive, Estrogen and progesterone positive. Do you know anything about long term survival? I am 32 years old. 2o mm tumor. Ki 76 was 50.
JA: Are you keeping a personal medical record while dealing with this?
Customer: I do have my medical record. Just gone through 4 EC and 12 Taxol.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I was pregnant when I got the cancer. 80% Estrogen positive. 15 % progesterone positive. Her 2 negativ (fish). Clear PET. The tumor was located laterally close to the axilla. Scared of dying.
Wondering about my prognosis for long term survival and wondering if tamoxifen is the best antohormone for me?
9/6/2017
DrRussMd
DrRussMd, Doctor (MD)

Hi.
Welcome to just answer. I am here to answer questions for education and information. I will respond shortly with an answer, or a question for you

stage of your cancer?

If I only look at my numbers from the pathology report it would be stage 3A, but my oncologist says it is more like stage 2 because of the size of the tumor. I do not understand this because I had so many (9) positive lymph nodes.

Your survival rate is still well over 70 %.

What did your doctor tell you?

Is that for survival on long term .... like 15 years? Here in Norway the doctors do not tell, but they use a predictcalculator. But it seems like this calculator do not work in young breast cancer patients. For me it showed only 30 % chance for survival 10 years after surgery, radiation and tamoxifen.

We do a 5 years.

However 10 year is currently over 40% depending on many factors, and may well be over 70%.

You have to keep in mind that after 5 years with no relapse your survival actually goes up.

Survival rates improve daily.

OK, let me know if you have further questions.

Also, please click a positive rating on the rating scale. [This must be done manually at the top of the page]. In fact, a 5 rating squares me with just answer and allows me to provide prompt and accurate service to you, but does not increase your cost. And, I will be here for any follow up

DrRussMd
DrRussMd, Doctor (MD)
DrRussMd
DrRussMd
DrRussMd, Doctor (MD)