Oncology

Oncology Questions? Ask an Oncologist for Answers ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Oncology

I am post radiation therapy for 4 years with prostate

cancer. My PSA is stable...
I am post radiation therapy for 4 years with prostate cancer. My PSA is stable at 1.. I am taking the meds: HCTZ, plendill. Zocor... My question is ..... I am considering taking a Vitamin : called Alive Men's energy multi-vitamin-multi-mineral, it is made by Nature's Way.. Is it safe to take this with my meds and will it have an impact on my PSA count?
8/15/2017
Dr Uzaer
Dr Uzaer, Cancer Surgeon

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Studies have found a strong association between use of multivitamins and prostate cancer in men. However, the precise link has not been established, I would still advise that you refrain from using a multi vitamin complex especially one that does not mention the complete ingredients on the pack.

Hope this helps.

Please do not forget to leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.

Best wishes.

this complex has zinc 225 mg.. that was I was concerned about. Is there a vitimen that I can take that will help my health

According to new studies and research, you should only take vitamins if you are deficient in vitamins. Stacking up vitamins that are already present in the body and its reserves is not beneficial in fact, it can cause problems like kidney stones and liver problems.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes.

Dr Uzaer
Dr Uzaer, Cancer Surgeon
Dr Uzaer
Dr Uzaer
Dr Uzaer, Cancer Surgeon