Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS MS (Surgery)
5625079

Well yesterday when I went to the bathroom to urinate ... I

Hey it's me again.Well yesterday when I went to the bathroom to urinate ... I noticed blood my urine ... so I decided to call my doctor cause he's really close to me and he came came to my house and took blood and urine samples ... he checked my bile again which I think it was 0.65 (I am not sure) my White Blood Cells were normal as he said and etc but the only thing detected was RBC in urine ... he said no infections etc but we're still waiting for the culture results ... I am so scared if it's not UTI what could it be?
Could this be something to do with this tigh and full feeling I have under my left and right ribs ? Could it be something else ? Please help

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

The various causes for this bleeding in urine (called as hematuria) can be;

1) Kidney and bladder stones

2) Urinary Tract Obstruction

3) Urinary Tract Trauma

4) Excessive exercise

5) Urinary tract Infection

6) Sickle Cell Disease

7) Kidney and bladder tumor

Read the resource;

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/blood-in-urine/DS01013

Urine culture and an ultrasound are the first investigative protocol. Intravenous pyelography, CT scan, cystoscopy, etc may be followed depending on the initial investigative results. The investigation of hematuria begins with a search for bacteruria (bacteria in urine) or pyuria (pus in urine). If either is present, a urine culture should be ordered to confirm urinary tract infection (UTI). In the absence of infection, the next step is to distinguish glomerular and nonglomerular sources of hematuria. Following would be required in step wise fashion;

1) Intravenous pyelography

2) Multidetector CT urography

3) Cystoscopy (camera examination)

If these investigations are not conclusive for the diagnosis MR urography would be advised. Consulting a urologist would be best.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
what about the blood tests and urine sample ? They don't count as good sources of information about what's going on ?

A medical imaging like ultrasound and a CT scan are the most informative.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
But I've an ultrasound 2 weeks ago (I've told you about it) and it didn't show anything about my kindneys etc
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Kidneys*
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I'm so scared

It is good that ultrasound is normal. A repeat ultrasound can show a concretion or stone which may have been missed.

A CT scan is done to further confirm the normalcy.

As we discussed this is unlikely to be anything serious or life threatening in your age group.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I'm okay ? The chemist yestarday told me that maybe it's a broken blood vessel or something and it takes little blood to show that's too much and that it will go away in its own ... so the leg weakness and nausea and high heart rate it has nothing to do with a medical condition ?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I'm so scared it's a tumor in my urinary system or something really bad that theyre missing when I go througt the examinations etc

A blood vessel rarely can rupture and can cause transient bleeding off and on.

Leg weakness and high heart rate are due to anxiety.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you for answering!So I can stay calm and keep going with my meal plan to gain weight etc?
Cause I kind of stopped eating cause I got scared from what I'm feeling and the pains

You are very welcome.

Please stay calm and go ahead with your plans and routine.

It is privilege assisting you.

A positive rating would be appreciated.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thanks again!
Have a nice rest of your day!

You are most welcome.

Have a great day.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you!
Hope I'll be better and that I'll be able to have a normal life soon.
I'm so tired of being scared all the time because I'm in so much pain and discomfort for so long!Thanks!

This will go away, I can assure you.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you so much!!!!

Most welcome.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hello Doctor
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Are you here?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I wanted to ask you something please if you have the time