Oncology

Oncology questions? Ask an oncologist for answers ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Had Nissen Fundoplication a year ago, I've noticed 100

Had Nissen Fundoplication a year...
Had Nissen Fundoplication a year ago, I've noticed 100 percent improvement durIng the day when upright. I had refractory bile reflux.When I am in bed and swallow, I hear a gurgle and what sounds like fluid gurgling up.I'm going to go back on aciphex, but cam I also take simethicone with aciphex.I didn't have Barrett's before my Nissen. Could I have created it not taking aciphex the last year?
8/15/2017
tazechip
tazechip, Other

Hello I'm Dr Chip

You can certainly take both the aciphex and the simethicone--no problem with that

But no, you didn't create Barrett's by not taking the aciphex for a year

Please let me know if you need any more information

tazechip
tazechip, Other