Oncology

Oncology Questions? Ask an Oncologist for Answers ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Oncology

Im a 30 year old male with a 1.41 x 0.8 occipital lymph node…

Im a 30 year...

Im a 30 year old male with a 1.41 x 0.8 occipital lymph node i had this node for around 3 years i dont know if it changed in size or not. I am worried about lymphoma

Doctor's Assistant: Have you experienced any bleeding? Pain? Unintentional weight loss?

No

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have gastritis related to helocybacter pylori infection

8/14/2017
DrRussMd
DrRussMd, Doctor (MD)

Hi.
Welcome to just answer. I am here to answer questions for education and information. I will respond shortly with an answer, or a question for you

This would not have been lymphoma.

You would have been sick.

I am sure your doctors have told you this, correct?

they told me to check in 6 months - i failed to provide that i also have small lesions close to that node measuring 0.13x0.29 to 0.16x0.40. also some bilateral upper lateral cervical nodes measuring 0.6x1.3 to 0.6x0.27 cm
what got me worried is that i read when u divide the l/s axis and get a value lower than 2 it is an indicatoe for malignency

That is not accurate.

In any case, it is very simple, for your peace of mind, to do a skinny needle biopsy of the node.

this gives a definitive laboratory reading.

No one can say there is any indication of malignancy.

You would have blood test abnormalities with lymphoma, and during this type you would have become very ill.

Also, please click a positive rating on the rating scale. In fact, a 5 rating squares me with just answer and allows me to provide prompt and accurate service to you, but does not increase your cost. And, I will be here for any follow up needed.

DrRussMd
DrRussMd, Doctor (MD)
wanted to give a tip but having problems with my paypal ill try again later. I had an Fna done on one of the lateral cervical nodes 2 weeks ago and it came back as reactive cause unknown. So would you say thats enough for me to let this go or should i try to get an excisiional byopsy?
also what about hodgkins lymphoma?

Reactive means to some infectious agent.

I would talk to your doctors about this.

There is a blood test called flow cytometry which also rules out lymphoma.

the problem is i am in thailand right now and its hard due to language barriers and english isnt even my first language so could you please give me a recommendation?

I am really not sure what you mean.

This is not a treatment site, nor a practice.

What is your question at this point.

My question is should i check it more or can i be confident its not lymphoma and just monitor it?

We do not make such a diagnosis here.

There is, however, no indication at this point that it is lymphoma.

Given your concern, the recommendation would be flow cytommetry and to see a hematologist.

ok thank you doctor

anytime

any questions.

DrRussMd
DrRussMd
DrRussMd, Doctor (MD)