Oncology

Oncology questions? Ask an oncologist for answers ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

I have this very skinny, and moveable thing in my armpit, it…

Customer Question
I have this very skinny,long...
I have this very skinny,long and moveable thing in my armpit, it goes from the top of my armpit to the bottom and goes towards my breast. What could this be?
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Oncology
8/7/2017
Oncologist: DocPhilMD, Medical Doctor replied 11 months ago
DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Medical Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

It could be a lymph node

How old are you?

male or female?

I am 23 and female.
I thought lymphnodes where more round? They can be inches long?

It is probably a lymph node or a blood vessel

It is not cancer at your age.

Not even possible really

I would get it checked eventually but not a worry

Yes, lymph nodes can be very long and thin too

if done for now, please leave a 5 star rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-irondoc/

Well it doesn't seem to be swollen. And is like finger nail thin. You can only feel it when my arm is relaxed. If I flex it's not noticible at all. Why isn't it possible to be cancer at my age?

It is most likely a blood vessel or nerve then

there are a bunch of nerves that run through the armpit. Called the brachial plexus

No one gets breast cancer at 23.

It is virtually impossible

Thanks for this question.I strive for 5 star service for all customers.If you have more questions, just reply