Oncology

Oncology questions? Ask an oncologist for answers ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

I was diagnosed with early endometrial cancer at the age of…

Customer Question
I was diagnosed with early...
I was diagnosed with early endometrial cancer at the age of 37 i did megace for 3 months and then did d&c it came back clear then I did ivf and had a healthy baby boy but 6 weeks post birth I did d&c and it came back as complex atypical hyperplasia can I repeat megace and have another baby? I have lynch syndrome.
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Oncology
8/4/2017
Oncologist: DocPhilMD, Medical Doctor replied 8 months ago
DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Medical Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

Yes, you can

there is no dysplasia

dysplasia would be pre cancer.

is this helpful?

Please explain the difference between atypical hyperplasia and dysplasia.

basically atypical hyperplasia is the precursor to dysplasia and

dysplasia is the precursor to cancer

make sense?

Please explain

atypical hyperplasia is like pre pre cancer

and dysplasia is pre cancer

hyperplasia is a step before dysplasia

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave a 5 star rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-irondoc/

Your answer does not make any sense so please make sure you are giving me the right information

normal tissue changes to hyperplasia

Then this changes to dysplasia

then this changes to cancer

it is steps along the path to cancer

I never heard of dysplasia when it comes to endrometrial cancer so please clarify

dysplasia is what comes right before cancer

DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Medical Doctor