Oncology

Oncology questions? Ask an oncologist for answers ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

My right side of my body is bigger then my left, Iike my…

Customer Question
My right side of my...
My right side of my body is bigger then my left, Iike my boob,ribs feel bigger etc and I was just wondering if it's possible that the lymphnodes in my armpit are bigger then the ones on my left side for the same reason? I got an ultrasound like 3 months ago and they said they weren't anything to be concerned about.they are very moveable and I don't know how soft they are because they move whenever I touch them. I am also 17 weeks pregnant if that means anything
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Oncology
8/2/2017
Oncologist: Dr Uzaer, Cancer Surgeon replied 11 months ago
Dr Uzaer
Dr Uzaer, Cancer Surgeon

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Yes, that can be absolutely normal, A slight asymmetry in the right and left halves of body can exist and if ultrasound is reassuring then there is nothing much to worry about.

Hope this helps.
Please do not forget to leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.

Have a good one.

Oncologist: Dr. David, Doctor (MD) replied 11 months ago
Dr. David, Doctor (MD)

This is Dr. David

I see you are looking for a new expert to help you.

I am a cancer doctor.

are you right handed? this can cause your right arm and chest and legs to be larger.

this would not lead to your lymph nodes to be larger on one side than the other.

you don't have to worry about your lymph nodes

lymph nodes are part of your body's immune system and help filter your body's lymphatic fluid to help keep you healthy.

let me know if you have questions.

I am right handed. I do have a spot on my right breast where I got scratched could this cause the nodes to be bigger?

it could cause reactive lymph nodes in your arm pit

but this is normal and not a sign of cancer.

a small scratch is not worrisome.

let me know if you have other questions.
if done for now, please leave Positive Rating of 5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback
you may have to scroll up or down to see the ratings area
you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions
here is my website if you need to reach me:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

is it likely that they are only bigger because of the cut and they will go back down after it heals?

yes, if they are enlarged, it can be due to reactive lymph nodes

which are lymph nodes swelling up to help fight off infections

and they can go back down with time

this is not a worry for cancer.

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com